From routine checkups to treatments for surgery our staff is equipped to handle all of your podiatric needs. We have provided an extensive list of services to help you understand your options in foot and ankle health. We can help whether your issues are large or small.
Our services include:
- Corns and Calluses
- Custom Orthotics
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Haglund’s Deformity
- Hammer Toe Treatment
- Heel Spurs
- Ingrown Toenails
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
- Plantar Warts
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Stress Fracture
- Toenail Fungus
Explore our list of services and let us know what is bothering you. Whether it is toenail fungus or heel pain in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, our podiatrists are here to help.
What Do Our Boca Raton and Boynton Beach Podiatrists Do?
- Diagnose lower extremity pathology such as tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, congenital and acquired deformities
- Make independent judgments, prescribe medications, utilize x-rays and MRIs, and other laboratory tests for diagnostic purposes and utilizes physical therapy modalities
- Treat conditions such as corns, calluses, bunions, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, ingrown toenails, cysts, bone disorders and infections of the foot
- Fit corrective inserts called orthotics that address walking patterns to improve the overall ability of effective and efficient ambulation
- Provide consultations for the patients and for referring physicians regarding prevention of podiatric problems and possible treatments
- Perform surgical correction of the foot including hammertoes, bunions, claw toes, fractures, infections, ruptured ligaments and tendons and neurovascular abnormalities of the foot
Medicare Diabetic Shoe Program in Boynton Beach, FL and Boca Raton, FL
Diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions in the United States. With an increase of 33% in the past decade alone the diabetic population currently tops 16 million people–something needs to be done. There are many complications associated with diabetes including kidney, heart, vision, circulatory and foot problems. The good news is that many of these potential problems can be minimized as a result of lifestyle changes, medications, and other preventive care.
Amputations or partial amputations of the feet and legs are also growing at an alarming rate. In fact, it is the leading cause of non-traumatic amputations in the United States. Recently a task force was created by officials from Medicare, the American Podiatric Medical Association and the American Diabetes Association in order to explore ways to reduce the number of amputations in the diabetic populations. The number of these lower extremity amputations grew by 28% in just the past several years, but over half of these amputations could have been prevented by timely conservative diabetic foot care in Boca Raton, FL, Boynton, FL and areas all over the country.
We at Family Foot Center, podiatrists in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, are authorized Medicare Suppliers to evaluate, prescribe and dispense high-quality shoes and 3 pairs of removable protective shoe inserts per the calendar year. Many diabetic patients qualify for this benefit and Medicare will pay 80% of the cost for the shoes and insoles and your supplemental insurance should pay the other 20% of the costs.